February 7, 2017 - Cavalier Galleries
Dance with Hippo Ballerina Photo Contest, February 7 – March 31, 2017
The contest BEGINS: February 7, 2017
The contest ENDS: March 31, 2017
On February 7, 2017, Hippo Ballerina, a monumental sculpture by Bjorn Okholm Skaarup will arrive at New York City’s Dante Park on 64th Street and Broadway. Cavalier Galleries invites you to follow @Dancewithhippoballerina on Instagram, and post your favorite pose with Hippo Ballerina on your Instagram account with the hashtag #Dancewithhippoballerina for a chance to win Hippo Tightrope Dancer, a limited-edition etching by the artist, plus two tickets to a ballet performance at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
To enter: Follow @Dancewithhippoballerina on Instagram and post your photo with Hippo Ballerina on your Instagram page captioned with the hashtag #Dancewithhippoballerina
Entries will be accepted starting on February 7, 2017 and ending March 31, 2017. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2017. Entries will only be valid if the caption includes
#Dancewithhippoballerina. The contest winner will be selected by the contest sponsor,
Cavalier Galleries, with representatives judging for creativity. The winner will not be based on number of post likes.
By entering this contest you give consent to the Sponsor to repost and/or share your contest entry image across all social media platforms associated with the Sponsor’ s Hippo Ballerina promotion, and the artist Bjorn Okholm Skaarup. Furthermore, contestants Instagram handle or full name may be published in association with contest publicity and contest winner announcements.
Winners will be announced on the @Dancewithhippoballerina Instagram page on April 2, 2017, and will be personally notified via Instagram message.
Your account must be PUBLIC.
The post must be captioned with the hashtag #Dancewithhippoballerina
You can enter as many times as you like.
There is no fee for entering.
The prize: two tickets to a balletperformance at Lincoln Center and limited-edition artist etching are non-transferable or redeemable for cash.
Judging begins immediately after the contest ends. The winner will be notified via Instagram on April 2, 2017. Please allow time for the prize to be delivered.
Inappropriate, obscene, hateful, or dangerous content is not permitted and will be reported as such.
OFFICIAL INSTAGRAM CONTEST RULES for "@Dancewithhippoballerina"
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY.
By entering the “@Dancewithhippoballerina" Instagram contest (the "Promotion"), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor's (Cavalier Galleries) discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 13 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. Entrants must have their own form of transportation to and from the venue.
2. Entrants represent and warrant that their Submission is the original work of such entrant, it has not been copied from others, and it does not violate the rights of any other person or entity. Photo submissions should be of the entrant herself/himself, or including no other parties and entrant must have permission from any other party featured in the photo, and also have permission from the photographer to use the photo in this Promotion. Entrant further represents and warrants that their Submission adheres to the fundamental spirit of the Promotion and does not contain any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful matter or depict anyone engaged in any illegal, immoral or lewd act, any violent or pornographic material or contain any other inappropriate content (as determined by Sponsor).
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All entries will be judged by Cavalier Galleries representatives. The judges will score entries based on the creativity of the photo. The entry with the higher score in the creativity of the photo category will prevail. Any potential winner will be notified on Instagram. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within 24 hours from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Promotion.
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) winner of two (2) tickets to a ballet performance at Lincoln Center, and (1) limited-edition artist print.
5. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
6. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death)
7. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein.
8. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
9. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Cavalier Galleries individually and collectively, the "Sponsor". This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.